Permanent Staff Strength: 71
|Administrative and support||12|
|Plan||Rs. 659.72 lakhs|
|Non-Plan||Rs. 15.73 lakhs|
|Total||Rs. 675.45 lakhs|
|National||Rs. 537.86 lakhs|
|International||Rs. 959.42 lakhs|
|Total||Rs. 1497.28 lakhs|
NARI Main CampusEquipments :
- DNA Sequencer (no.2) – 96 capillary. Sequencing reaction can be performed at a time.
- Thermal Cycler (no. 18) – One Test PCR machine, 3 Verify PCR and 14 – Normal PCR machines
- Real Time PCR machine (no. 2) – Abbott Real Time PCR -for amplification of FNA measured real time, MHA and Viral load estimation. 7900 HT
- FACS calibur, FACS Aria (no. 1) – 4 colour CD4/CD8 estimation, FACs Aria is 7 colour, 7 parameters can run simultaneously, cell sorting can be performed.
- Gel documentation system (no. 3) – One is Agarosegel & PAGE (detects chemiluminescence)
- Fluorescent microscope (no. 3) – For Cell imaging
- Cobas Amplicor (no. 1) - viral load estimation machine,
- NucliSens automatic nucleic acid estimation (no. 1) – 24 samples in 1 hour
- Liquid nitrogen storage facility (no. 4)
- Automatic high throughput liquid handling system (no. 1)
- SCODA automatic ELISA analyzer
- ELISPOT Reader (No. 2) – AID and ZEISS
Details pertaining to the ICT facilities :internet,wi-fi,video conferencing facilities):
- Internet Leased Line (NKN) – 1GBPS
- LAN (Local Area Network) for NARI premises
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- Video conferencing facility
- Audio conferencing facility
- No. of Books as on 10 Dec 2014 : 2352
- Total cost of books as on 10.12.2014 : Rs 2947519 (from 2007 onwards)
- Yearly Purchase Cost : Rs 40701/- (in 2014)
No. of Journals and Periodicals : 25 online only, 9 print only and 3 print+online
+ JCCC@ICMR Consortia + JGateplus + Cochrane Database
- Consortium and Databases:
NML-ERMED ejournal consortium (about 400 e-journals)
J-Gate@ICMR providing access to 2715 journals, access to open access journals, and access to abstracts of around about 41000 journals from different disciplines.
- Yearly Subscription of journals :Rs 28,39,364/- (in 2014)
National AIDS Control Organization supported - NARI-PMC Clinical Care and Research Centre :National AIDS Control Organization had approved an ART Centre for research study participants at NARI in 2005. The institute has been recognized to provide free antiretroviral drugs under Full NACO ART roll out programme for HIV infected patients in Pune Corporation area since May 2010. This new centre has been initiated at the centrally located NARI-PMC ‘Clinical Care and Research Centre’ which is a centre developed in collaboration with the Pune Municipal Corporation. The staff have been appointed and trained by NACO.
NARI has also established radiological investigative facilities and an excellent service laboratory which includes HIV & CD4 testing and clinical pathology testing services as well as -20 freezers and -80 freezers for storage of samples for future testing.