Ph.D Program & Training opportunities
Terms and Conditions for Short Trainings
Objective :Masters studies in most of the Universities in India have a component of hands on training at various research institutes. As this has been made mandatory by most of the Universities recently, NARI has taken an initiative to incorporate continues training program for meritorious students of various Universities from all over India. National AIDS Research Institute (NARI) Pune invites applications from the eligible candidates pursuing Master’s degree in any branch of Life Sciences/ Social Sciences /Pharmaceutical Sciences/ Social work /medicine /Bioinformatics. This training is strictly for those students who are pursuing their master’s degree and the training is a part of their course curriculum.
About NARI :NARI conducts research with goal of management and control of AIDS and the related disorders. NARI focuses on multiple aspects of HIV disease and its biomedical and social implications. The institute’s research activities keep persistent focus on the prevention, care and support for HIV/AIDS patients and HIV biology. The institute’s work in the area of clinical trials, HIV drug resistance testing, virological, immunological, microbiological, pathological and clinical research on HIV is well recognized globally. NARI has the state of art instrumentation for research and diagnostics. The institute’s primary emphasis is to maintain quality for which it holds a premier position in internal and external quality assessment programs. The institute also extends its area of activity into behavioral and social aspects and epidemiological surveys.
Criteria:Students should fill the application form only if they have read and understood the terms & conditions for accepting them for training and qualify for the training accordingly.
- Candidates should be pursuing their Masters level course in the disciplines specified in the application form and have not completed their degree at the time of application.
- Students who have secured first class in all qualifying examinations starting from 10th standards only will be considered for further screening.
- Students are advised to submit their applications online only at the given link and during the specified time period. Application will not be accepted as hard copy or in person
- A forwarding/ Recommendation letter by Head of the Department / Institution is required to be uploaded along with the application. The letter should authenticate that the training is a part of their curriculum and Is required in fulfillment of the degree program. The letter must mention student’s name, course pursued etc.
- Incomplete applications, application received after the date of application deadline and those not fulfilling the specified criteria will be rejected without any notification.
- Selection of the candidates will be on all India basis.
- The selected candidates are expected to complete their project in the placement period. The length of training will be not be less than three months.
- The student will not communicate with the guides directly prior to commencement of training. All correspondence should be with training in-charge.
- Project training will be considered as full time activity and any part time/irregular/sub-optimal attendance will not be accepted.
- Students are requested to follow all rules and regulations of the institute.
- Any kind of misconduct or unauthorized absence of the trainees would result in the termination of training and Director; NARI would hold all the rights pertaining to this.
- Applications to individual department or scientist will not be entertained.
- There is no provision for stipend or accommodation for the period of training.
- Not more than two applications will be accepted for consideration from one institute of college.
- The work carried out during the training will be property of institute. The Guides/Director would decide on issues related to publication and authorship