List of Publications
- Nair S, Joshi A, Aggarwal S...... Sahay S et al. Development and validation of attitudes and experiences stigma scale related to Covid-19 in India. Indian Journal of Medical Research. (In press)
- Sahay S; Verma A; Shewale S; Bangar S; Athokpam B; Angolkar M; Subramanian TS; Chandhiok N. Understanding issues around use of oral pre-exposure prophylaxis among female sex workers in India. BMC Infectious Diseases. 2021 21:930. DOI: 10.1186/s12879-021-06612-8.
- Shewale SP, Sane SS, Ujagare DD, Patel R, Roy S, Juvekar S, Kohli R, Bangar S, Jadhav A, Sahay S (2021). Social factors associated with adherence to preventive behaviours related to COVID 19 among rural and semi-urban communities in western Maharashtra, India. Front. in Public Health 9:722621. DOI: 10.3389/fpubh.2021.722621
- Kalokhe AS, Iyer S, Gadhe K, Katendra T, Kolhe A, Rahane G, Stephenson R, Sahay S. A Couples-Based Intervention (Ghya Bharari Ekatra) for the Primary Prevention of Intimate Partner Violence in India: Pilot Feasibility and Acceptability Study. JMIR Form Res. 2021 Feb 1;5(2):e26130.
- Ranajoy Mullick, Jyoti Sutar, Nitin Hingankar , Suprit Deshpande , Madhuri Thakar , Seema Sahay , Rajesh P. Ringe , Sampurna Mukhopadhyay, Ajit Patil , Shubhangi Bichare , Kailapuri G. Murugavel , Aylur K. Srikrishnan , Rajat Goyal , Devin Sok and Jayanta Bhattacharya. Neutralization diversity of HIV-1 Indian subtype C envelopes obtained from cross sectional and followed up individuals against broadly neutralizing monoclonal antibodies having distinct gp120 specifcities. Retrovirology (2021) 18:12
6. Gangadhar BN, Bharat, S, Rajesh Sagar, Bontha V Babu Head, Dr Seema Sahay, Janardhan N, Beena Thomas , Saritha Nair , Ravindra Singh , Vivek V Singh , Sumit Aggarwal , Atreyi Ganguli , Heena Tabassum , Chetna Duggal, Aparna , K Chithra , Suhas.P. Shewale, Vandana Choudhary. Guidance Document for Psychosocial Counselling for COVID-19 Positive Patients and their Family Members. 1st edition-2021 © Indian Council of Medical Research
7. Rajesh Sagar , K. Muralidharan , Seema Sahay , Beena Thomas , Vandana Choudhary, Ravindra Singh , Sumit Aggarwal , Heena Tabassum , Nupur Mahajan , Simran Kohli. Guidance Document for the Psychosocial Support for Health Care Workers during COVID-19 pandemic. 1st edition ©Indian Council of Medical Research 2021
- Murhekar M, Bhatnagar T, Selvaraju S, Kumar VS, Thangaraj JW, Shah N, Santhosh Kumar M, Rade K, Sabarinathan R, Asthana S, Balachandar R.... Sahay S et al. SARS-CoV-2 Antibody Prevalence in India: Findings from the Second Nationwide Household Serosurvey, August-September 2020. Published: January 27, 2021 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/S2214-109X(20)30544-1.
- Murhekar MV, Bhatnagar T, Selvaraju S, Rade K, Saravanakumar V, Thangaraj JW, Kumar MS, Shah N, Sabarinathan R, Turuk A, Anand PK... Sahay S et al. Prevalence of SARS-CoV-2 infection in India: Findings from the national serosurvey, May-June 2020. Indian Journal of Medical Research. 2020 Jan 1;152(1):48. DOI:10.4103/ijmr.IJMR_3290_20
- Manoj V. Murhekar , Jeromie Wesley Vivian Thangaraj , Candasamy Sadanandane , Mahima Mittal , Nivedita Gupta , Winsley Rose , Seema Sahay , Rajni Kant & Mohan D. Gupte. Investigations of seasonal outbreaks of acute encephalitis syndrome due to Orientia tsutsugamushi in Gorakhpur region, India: A One Health case study. Indian J Med Res 153, March 2021, pp 375-381 DOI: 10.4103/ijmr.IJMR_625_21
- A Verma, KK Kota, S Bangar, G Rahane, N Yenbhar, S Sahay. Understanding emotional distress among perinatally acquired HIV infected adolescents in Pune, India: Examining mediating and moderating effects. JOURNAL OF THE INTERNATIONAL AIDS SOCIETY 23, 144-144. Published Online January 27, 2021 https://doi.org/10.1016/ S2214-109X(20)30544-1. Abst no. PDD0406
- Sahay S. Peer Review Report For: Health care providers’ perspectives on delivering gender equity focused family planning program for young married couples in a cluster randomized controlled trial in rural Maharashtra, India [version 1; peer review: 1 approved with reservations]. Gates Open Res2019, 3:1508
- Verma A, Sahay S. Healthcare needs and programmatic gaps in transition from pediatric to adult care of vertically transmitted HIV infected adolescents in India. PLoS ONE. 2019; 14 (10):e0224490. doi: 1371/journal.pone.0224490
- Sibnath Deb, Debasis Bhadra, Allen M Sunny, Seema Sahay. Childhood to Adolescence: Issues and Concerns. Pearson Publications. September 2019.
- Kalokhe AS, Iyer S, Katendra T, Gadhe K, Kolhe AR, Paranjape A, del Rio C, Stephenson R, Sahay S. Primary Prevention of Intimate Partner Violence among Recently-married Dyads Residing in Slums of Pune, India: Development and Rationale for a Dyadic Intervention. JMIR Res Protoc. 2019 Jan 18;8 (1):e11533.PMID: 30664483.
- Kalokhe AS, Iyer SR, Kolhe AR, Dhayarkar S, ParanjapeA, del Rio C, Stephenson R, Sahay, S. Correlates of Domestic Violence Experience Among Recently-married Women Residing in Slums in Pune, India. PLoS One 2018 Apr 2;13 (4):e0195152.PMCID: PMC5880392.
- Kalokhe AS, Iyer SR, Gadhe K, Katendra T, ParanjapeA, del Rio C, Stephenson R, Sahay, S. Correlates of Domestic Violence Perpetration Reporting Among Recently-married Men Residing in Slums in Pune, India. PLoS One, 2018 May 17;13 (5):e0197303. PMCID: PMC5957364. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0197303
- Reddy KS, Sahay S. Advocacy for HIV/TB co-infection collaborative policy and service delivery in India: a civil society perspective. HIV AIDS Rev 2018; 17, 3: 259-266, DOI: https://doi.org/10.5114/hivar.2018.80257
- Kohli RM, Mehendale S, Brahme R, Bollinger B, Chidrawar S, Ghate M, Joglekar N & Sahay S (2018) How reliable and valid are the self-reports of sexual behavior among HIV discordant couples in Pune, INDIA, Psychology, Health & Medicine, 23:sup1, 1333-1340
- Sahay S, Srivastava A, Shewale S. Swastha Samaj: Samajik Dayitwa. JE AES ki rokethaam. ©ICMR, New Delhi, 2017
- Reddy KS, Sahay S. Community Participation in HIV/AIDS Healthcare Delivery. In: Medical Anthropology: Tradition and change. Edited by Sharma BV. 2016, Concept Publishing House, Pvt. Limited, Hyderabad.
- Mane A, Sahasrabuddhe VV, Nirmalkar A, Risbud AR, Seema Sahay, Bhosale RA, Vermund SH, Mehendale SM. Rates and determinants of incidence and clearance of cervical HPV genotypes among HIV-seropositive women in Pune, India. Accepted in J Clin Virol. 2016.
- Sahay S. Perception of Men and Women on use of New Prevention Technologies. ISSRF Newslett. 2015 Sep (17): 26-29
- Sahay S, Shevale S. Community engagement module for JE/ AES prevention and control [Hindi language]. Published by NARI-ICMR under Research Cum Intervention project. 2015, Pp.1 -82.
- Seema Sahay, Archana Verma, Sanjay Mehendale. Male Circumcision for HIV Prevention: Care Providers’ Attitude. In: HIV/ AIDS in India: A public health approach of contemporary trend. Edited by S Deb, Shukla A. Section III, Chapter 8; Pp. 115-122; Global Vision Publishing House, New Delhi. 2015. ISBN: 978-81-8220-688-5
- Sahay S. Mitigating stressors of HIV by involving significant others. In: HIV/ AIDS in India: A public health approach of contemporary trend. Edited by S Deb, Shukla A. Section V, Chapter 16; Pp. 217; Pp. 115; Global Vision Publishing House, New Delhi. 2015.
- Sahay S, Verma A, Shewale S, Murugesan P. Child rights in context of HIV AIDS. In: Child Safety,
- Welfare and Well Being. Edited by S Deb. Chapter 12; pg.175-187. Publisher: Springer India 2016. doi: 10.1007/978-81-322-2425-9.
- Sahay S, Kumar, AB. Tribal India: A Review of Health Care Delivery in India Health and Tribes. In: Tribal India: Challenges and Opportunities; Ed. K. Dash. Chapter 2, Sarup Publishers Pvt Ltd, New Delhi. 2015, PP 54-80.
- Subramanian, T. and Sahay, S. New HIV Prevention Technologies: Knowledge and Perceived Usage by Women with High Risk Behaviour - A Qualitative Study in Tamil Nadu 6 1(2016) 8
- Singh H, Marathe S, Nain S, Nema V, Angadi M, Ghate M, Sahay S, Gangakhedkar R. Coding region variant 186H/R in Exon 4 of APOBEC3G among individuals of Western India. APMIS. 2016 Feb 8; PubMed PMID: 26853443.
- Kalokhe AS, Stephenson R, Kelley ME, Dunkle KL, Paranjape A, Solas V, Karve L, del Rio C, Sahay S. The Development and Validation of the Indian Family Violence and Control Scale. PLoS One. 2016;11(1):e0148120. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0148120
- Danga, S., Sahay S, Jadhav AJ, Patnage RP, Patel RB. Study of contraceptive utilization practices among married couple from Rural area of Satara district: a community based observation study. Int J Info Res Rev. 2015;2(2):367-70.
- HO Singh, S Lata, M Angadi, S Bapat, J Pawar, V Nema, MV Ghate, S Sahay, RR Gangakhedkar. Impact of GSTM1, GSTT1 and GSTP1 gene polymorphism and risk of ARV-associated hepatotoxicity in HIV-infected individuals and its modulation. Pharmacogenomics J. 2015 Dec 15. doi: 10.1038/tpj.2015.88.
- Sahay S, Deshpande S, Bembalkar S, Kharat M, Parkhe A, et al. Failure to Use and Sustain Male Condom Usage: Lessons Learned from a Prospective Study among Men Attending STI Clinic in Pune, India. PLoS One. 2015;10(8):e0135071. PubMed PMID: 26270464; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4535957.
- Sahay S. Perception of Men and Women on use of New Prevention Technologies. ISSRF Newslett. 2015 Sep (17): 26-29
- Karikalan N, Sahay S, Ganju D, Paranjape R. Public Participation of Men Who Have Sex with Men in the Context of Community Empowerment in India. J AIDS Clin Res 2015, 6:10
- Kalokhe AS, Potdar RR, Stephenson R, Dunkle KL, Paranjape A,Sahay S. How well does the World Health Organization definition of domestic violence work for India?. PLoS One. 2015;10(3):e0120909. PubMed PMID: 25811374; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4374684.
- Nagarajan K, Sahay S, Mainkar MK, Deshpande S, Ramesh S, et al. Female sex worker's participation in the community mobilization process: two distinct forms of participations and associated contextual factors. BMC Public Health. 2014 Dec 24;14:1323. PubMed PMID: 25540055; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4364326.
- Chandhiok N, Paranjape RS, Mehendale SM, Beri A, Chauhan S, Hari Kumar R, Sahay S, Washington R, Callahan M. Estimating HIV Incidence for Identification of Microbicide Trial Sites in India: A Cross-sectional Study. AIDS Research and Human Retroviruses 30 Suppl 1(S1):A215 · October 2014.
- Patil S, Gadhe S, Sonawane S,Bansal M, Deshpande S, Hermanus T, Morris, L, Murugavel KG, Solomon S, Sahay S, Paranjape R, Chakrabarti BK, Bhattacharya J. Comparative Neutralization Sensitivity of Indian and South African HIV-1 Clade C Viruses to Plasma Antibodies from Chronically Infected Indian Donors. AIDS Research and Human Retroviruses 30 Suppl 1(S1):A249 · October 2014
- Sahay S, Kumar M, Srikrishnan AK, Ramanathan V, Mehendale S. Experiences in recruiting volunteers through community based initiatives in phase-1 vaccine trials in India. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2014;10(2):485-91. PubMed PMID: 24141176; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4185896.
- Sahay S, Nagarajan K, Mehendale S, Deb S, Gupta A, et al. Community and healthcare providers' perspectives on male circumcision: a multi-centric qualitative study in India. PLoS One. 2014;9(3):e91213.
- Sahay S, Nirmalkar A, Sane S, Verma A, Reddy S, et al. Correlates of sex initiation among school going adolescents in Pune, India. Indian J Pediatr. 2013 Oct;80(10):814-20. PubMed PMID: 23604612.
- Joglekar NS, Deshpande SS, Sahay S, Ghate MV, Bollinger RC, et al. Correlates of lower comprehension of informed consent among participants enrolled in a cohort study in Pune, India. Int Health. 2013 Mar;5(1):64-71. PubMed PMID: 24029848; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3889625.
- Mehendale S, Thakar M, Sahay S, Kumar M, Shete A, et al. Safety and immunogenicity of DNA and MVA HIV-1 subtype C vaccine prime-boost regimens: a phase I randomised Trial in HIV-uninfected Indian volunteers. PLoS One. 2013;8(2):e55831. PubMed PMID: 23418465; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3572184.
- Mayer K, Wang L, Hoffman I, McCauley M, Li X, Safren S, Gamble T, Talley J, Cottle L, PiwowarManning E · [...] Badal-Faesen S, Chotirosniramit N, Fernandess NM, Kumarasamy N, Sahay S, Makhema J, Panchia B, Pilotto JHDS, Santos BR, Cohen MS · Sustained treatment as prevention: continued decreases in unprotected sex and increases in virological suppression after HAART initiation among participants in HPTN 052. Journal of the International AIDS Society 15:118-119 · October 2012
- Kohli R, Purohit V, Karve L, Bhalerao V, Karvande S,...SahayS. Caring for caregivers of people living with HIV in the family: a response to the HIV pandemic from two urban slum communities in Pune, India. PLoS One. 2012;7(9):e44989. PubMed PMID: 23028725; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3441662.
- Sahastrabuddhe S, Gupta A, Stuart E, Godbole S, Ghate M, Sahay S, Gangakhedkar R, Risbud A et al. Sexually transmitted infections and risk behaviors among transgender persons (Hijras) of Pune, India. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2012 Jan 1;59(1):72-8. PubMed PMID: 21937924.
- Sahasrabuddhe VV, Bhosale RA, Kavatkar AN, Nagwanshi CA, Joshi SN, Jenkins CA, Shepherd BE, Kelkar RS, Sahay S, Risbud AR, Vermund SH, Mehendale SM. Comparison of visual inspection with acetic acid and cervical cytology to detect high-grade cervical neoplasia among HIVinfected women in India. Int J Cancer. 2012 Jan 1;130(1):234-40. PubMed PMID: 21387289; NIHMSID: NIHMS384646; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3516675.
- Joglekar N, Paranjape R, Jain R, Rahane G, Potdar R,...Sahay S. Barriers to ART adherence & follow ups among patients attending ART centres in Maharashtra, India. Indian J Med Res. 2011 Dec;134(6):954-9. PubMed PMID: 22310828; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3284104.
- Sahay S, Reddy KS, Dhayarkar S. Optimizing adherence to antiretroviral therapy. Indian J Med Res. 2011 Dec;134(6):835-49. PubMed PMID: 22310817; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3284093.
- Cohen MS, Chen YQ, McCauley M, Gamble T, Hosseinipour MC, et al. Prevention of HIV-1 infection with early antiretroviral therapy. N Engl J Med. 2011 Aug 11;365(6):493-505. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa1105243. PMID: 21767103; PMCID: PMC3200068.
- Sahay S, Mehendale SM. Adolescent Reproductive and Sexual Health Education Module. Published by ICMR-NARI under ICMR task force study. Pp.1-172 July 2011
- Sahay S, Gupte N, Brahme RG, Nirmalkar A, Bembalkar S, et al. Predictors of retention among men attending STI clinics in HIV prevention programs and research: a case control study in Pune, India. PLoS One. 2011 Mar 11;6(3):e17448. PubMed PMID: 21412414; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3055872.
- Sahay S, Mehendale S. Engaging community to support HIV prevention research. East J Med. 2011;16(2):168-177. PubMed PMID: 23807866; NIHMSID: NIHMS372563; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3691695.
- Mehendale S, Sahay S, Thakar M, Sahasrabuddhe S, Kakade M, et al. Safety & immunogenicity of tgAAC09, a recombinant adeno-associated virus type 2 HIV-1 subtype C vaccine in India. Indian J Med Res. 2010 Aug;132:168-75. PubMed PMID: 20716817.
- Sahasrabuddhe VV1, Bhosale RA, Joshi SN, Kavatkar AN, Nagwanshi CA, Kelkar RS, Jenkins CA, Shepherd BE, Sahay S, Risbud AR, Vermund SH, Mehendale SM. Prevalence and predictors of colposcopic-histopathologically confirmed cervical intraepithelial neoplasia in HIV-infected women in India. PLoS One. 2010 Jan 8;5(1):e8634. PubMed PMID: 20072610; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC2798747.
- Sahay S. Empowering Women through Advances in HIV Prevention: The Role of Microbicides. In: Reproductive Health Management. Edited by Sibnath Deb, published by Akansha Publishing House, 2009, New Delhi, pp.302-341.
- Sahay S, Mehendale SM. India's National AIDS Research Institute and Local Communities Collaborate for Transparency and Equity. Recommendations for Community Involvement in National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases HIV/AIDS Clinical Trials Research; February 2009.
- Sahay S, Ghate M, Mehendale S. Managing HIV therapy literacy in resource limited setting. HIV Therapy. 2009; 3(4):1-6.
- Mehendale, van Lunzen J, Clumeck N, Rockstroh J, Vets E, Johnson PR, Anklesaria P, Barin B, Boaz M, Kochhar S, Lehrman J, Schmidt C, Peeters M, Schwarze-Zander C, Kabamba K, Glaunsinger T, Sahay S, Thakar M, Paranjape R, Gilmour J, Excler JL, Fast P, Heald AE. A phase 1 study to evaluate the safety and immunogenicity of a recombinant HIV type 1 subtype C adeno associated virus vaccine. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2008 Jun;24(6):873-80. PubMed PMID: 18544020.
- S Sahay: Case study on clinical trial. In: Communications Handbook for Clinical Trials: Strategies, Tips, and Tools to Manage Controversy, Convey Your Message, and Disseminate Results Authors: Elizabeth T. Robinson, Deborah Baron, Lori L. Heise, Jill Moffett, Sarah V. Harlan © FHI 360 ISBN: 1-933702-57-5 for Communications Handbook for Clinical trial. FHI 360, 2011
- Sahay S, Mehendale SM. India’s National AIDS Research Institute (NARI) and Local Communities Collaborate for Transparency and Equity. In: Recommendations for Community Involvement in National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases HIV/AIDS Clinical Trials Research. Ed: Community Recommendations Working Group of Community Partners, affiliated with the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) HIV/AIDS clinical trials networks. February, 2009
- SSahay. Contributed for community engagement In: Forbes A, Sylla L, Yassky R. The First 55 Steps: A Report of the Microbicide Development Strategy’s Civil Society Working Group. Washington DC: Global Campaign for Microbicides. February 2008
- Project Advisory Group: Quarraisha Abdool-Karim, Solomon Benatar, Gail Broder, Marge Chigwanda (who also helped with writing reports), Sheila Jayaprakash, Stella Kirkendale, Neetha Morar, Steve Morin, Simangaliso Ntshele, Monica Ruiz, Seema Sahay, Kathy Shapiro, Cynthia Woodsong, and Dongbao Yu. In: Partnering for Care in HIV Prevention Trials: A How-To Manual By Kathleen M. MacQueen and Mike May © 2008 by Family Health International. ISBN: 1-933702-30-3
- Sahay S, Mehendale SM. Addressing ethical concerns in the Indian HIV Vaccine Trials. In: Technology in Health Care: Current Controversies. Published by Indian Journal of Medical Ethics. Editors: S Srinivasan and G Thomas. 2007: pages108-15.
- Mehendale SM, Gupte N, Paranjape RS, Brahme RG, Kohli R, Joglekar N, Godbole SV, Joshi SN, Ghate MV, Sahay S, Kumar BK, Gangakhedkar RR, Risbud AR, Brookmeyer RS, Bollinger RC. Declining HIV incidence among patients attending sexually transmitted infection clinics in Pune, India. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2007 Aug 15;45(5):564-9. PubMed PMID: 17558335.
- MacQueen KM1, Namey E, Chilongozi DA, Mtweve SP, Mlingo M, Morar N, Reid C, Ristow A, Sahay S; HPTN 035 Standard of Care Assessment Team.. Community perspectives on care options for HIV prevention trial participants. AIDS Care. 2007 Apr;19(4):554-60. PubMed PMID: 17453597.
- Mawar N, Joshi PL, Sahay S, Bagul RD, Paranjape RS. Concerns and experiences of women participating in a short-term AZT intervention feasibility study for prevention of HIV transmission from mother-to-child. Cult Health Sex. 2007 Mar-Apr;9(2):199-207. PubMed PMID: 17364726.
- Shikalgar S, Kharat M, Kadam S, Karve L, Mehendale S, Sahay S, Shastrabuddhe V, Vermund S. Biomedical Research participation: Concerns of women participating in a cervical cancer screening. Indian J Med Ethics. 2007; Suppl IV:S24
- Sahay S, Phadke M, Brahme R, Paralikar V, Joshi V, et al. Correlates of anxiety and depression among HIV test-seekers at a Voluntary Counseling and Testing facility in Pune, India. Qual Life Res. 2007 Feb;16(1):41-52. PubMed PMID: 17091367.
- Gupta A, Mehta S, Godbole SV, Sahay S, Walshe L, et al. Same-sex behavior and high rates of HIV among men attending sexually transmitted infection clinics in Pune, India (1993-2002). J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2006 Dec 1;43(4):483-90. PubMed PMID: 17019372.
- Woodsong C, Macqueen K, Namey E, Sahay S, Morar N, et al. Women's Autonomy and Informed Consent in Microbicides Clinical Trials. J Empir Res Hum Res Ethics. 2006 Sep;1(3):11-26. PubMed PMID: 19385819.
- Mehendale SM, Ghate MV, Kishore Kumar B, Sahay S, Gamble TR, et al. Low HIV-1 incidence among married serodiscordant couples in Pune, India. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2006 Mar;41(3):371-3. PubMed PMID: 16540940.
- Brahme R, Mehta S, Sahay S, Joglekar N, Ghate M, et al. Correlates and trend of HIV prevalence among female sex workers attending sexually transmitted disease clinics in Pune, India (19932002). J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2006 Jan 1;41(1):107-13. PubMed PMID: 16340482; NIHMSID: NIHMS383729; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3516676.
- Mehta SH, Gupta A, Sahay S, Godbole SV, Joshi SN, et al. High HIV prevalence among a high-risk subgroup of women attending sexually transmitted infection clinics in Pune, India. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2006 Jan 1;41(1):75-80. PubMed PMID: 16340477.
- Sahay S, Mehendale S. Lessons learned from HPTN sites. In: HPTN lessons Learned report.141:148; 2005.
- Brahme RG, Sahay S, Malhotra-Kohli R, Divekar AD, Gangakhedkar RR, et al. High-risk behaviour in young men attending sexually transmitted disease clinics in Pune, India. AIDS Care. 2005 Apr;17(3):377-85. PubMed PMID: 15832886; NIHMSID: NIHMS384625; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3516673.
- Mawar N, Sahay S, Pandit A, Mahajan U. The third phase of HIV pandemic: social consequences of HIV/AIDS stigma & discrimination & future needs. Indian J Med Res. 2005 Dec;122(6):471-84
- Sahay S, Mehendale S, Sane S, Brahme R, Brown A, et al. Correlates of HIV vaccine trial participation: an Indian perspective. Vaccine. 2005 Feb 3;23(11):1351-8. PubMed PMID: 15661383.
- Research Ethics Training Curriculum for Community Representatives, FHI,2004.
- Sahay S, Mehendale S. Addressing ethical concerns in the Indian HIV vaccine trials. Indian J Med Ethics. 2004 Oct-Dec;1(4):109-12. PubMed PMID: 16370101.
- Sahay S, Godbole SV (Ed). Agenda for Action: Research priorities in HIV:AIDS in Maharashtra, India: Report prepared for AVERT SOCIETY, Maharashtra: A joint project of NACO, Government of Maharashtra & USAID for HIV:AIDS control: February, 2003
- Shepherd ME, Gangakhedkar RR, Sahay S, Reynolds SJ, Ghate MV, et al. Incident HIV infection among men attending STD clinics in Pune, India: pathways to disparity and interventions to enhance equity. J Health Popul Nutr. 2003 Sep; 21(3):251-63. PubMed PMID: 14717571; NIHMSID: NIHMS384624; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3516674.
- Sahay S, Ghosh R, Ghosh PK. Sequence of centromere separation: effect of Hoechst 33258 in marker chromosome of mouse L cells. Indian J Exp Biol. 1988 Jun; 26(6):403-6. PubMed PMID: 2461347.
- Ghosh R, Sahay S, Mehta R, Ghosh PK. Inhibition of heterochromatin condensation in L cell chromosomes by bibenzimidazole derivative 33258 Hoechst. Indian J Exp Biol. 1988 May;26(5):333-6. PubMed PMID: 2459055.
- Ghosh PK, Shome D, Sahay S, Pal A, Ghosh R. Polymorphism of constitutive heterochromatin in cancer of cervix uteri. Indian J Med Res. 1986 Dec; 84:601-6. PubMed PMID: 3570388.
- COVID-19 STIGMA: Correlates and Mitigation Strategies . RESEARCH BRIEF .
April 2020-March 2021
- Archana Verma, Krishna Kiran Kota, Sampada Dhayarkar Bangar, Girish Rahane, Nayana Yenbhar, Seema Sahay. Understanding emotional distress among perinatally acquired HIV infected adolescents in Pune, India: Examining mediating and moderating effects'. Oral Poster Discussion. E-poster no. PDD0406. AIDS 2020 Virtual, International AIDS Society, 6-10 July 2020.
- S Bangar, U Mohan, A Mohapatra, R. Kohli, A Verma, V. Verma, P S Sarvanamurthy, George, S. Rajan. Seema Sahay. Health care access and programmatic gaps for men having sex with men (MSM) in rural India. Poster Presentation, E-poster no. PEC0671. AIDS 2020, International AIDS Society, 6-10 July 2020
April 2019-March 2020
- Shewale S, Sahay S. Barriers and Facilitators of Access of the Prevention of Parent to Child Transmission Programme among Female Sex Workers in Urban and Rural Maharashtra, India. Oral presentation, abstract no. 440116APHA's 2019 Annual Meeting and Expo, USA
April 2018-March 2019
- Verma A, Bijesh, A, Sahay, S. Women’s perspective on HIV prevention option: a qualitative exploration at Pune India.at HIV Congress 2018 at Mumbai from 6th -8th April, 2018.
- Bangar S, Verma A, Sahay S. New Prevention Technology: the emerging need of the community. HIV Congress 2018at Mumbai from 6th -8th April, 2018
- Shewale S, Sahay S. Access to Prevention of Parent to Child Transmission (PPTCT) services by Female Sex Workers in rural Maharashtra: a qualitative study of perceptions of health care providers. at HIV Congress 2018at Mumbai from 6th -8th April, 2018
April 2016-March 2017
- Verma A, Sahay S. Perspectives of health care providers on vertically transmitted HIV infected adolescents’ needs and programmatic gaps in India. Oral Presentation at 2nd Adolescent Transition Workshop, CIPHER (IAS) 2016 at Budapest, Hungary from 5th - 6th April, 2016.
April 2015-March 2016
- Reddy KS, Sahay S. Policy development process to combat HIV/ TB co-infection in India: a stakeholder analysis. Poster presentation at 21st International AIDS Conference (AIDS 2016), at Durban, South Africa, 18-22 July 2016. Abstract number A-792-0437-06202
April 2014-March 2015
- Seema SahayAthokPam B', Verma A', Angolkar M. and Thilakavathi S'"Community perception about acceptability of new HIV prevention Technologies". Paper presented at the International conference on emerging frontiers and challenges in management and control of STIs and HIV, 27th – 30th April 2014, Navi Mumbai, India, organized by NIRRH & MGM Institute of Health Sciences.
- Seema Sahay, Athokpam Bijesh, Karikalan Nagarajan, Verma Archana, Angolkar Mubashir, Thilikavthi Subramanian, Chandhiok Nomitha. Willingness to use NEW PREVENTION TECHNOLOGIES in India". Abstract accepted for poster presentation at HIV Research for Prevention 2014: AIDS Vaccine, Microbicide and ARV-based Prevention Science (HIV R4P) in Cape Town, South Africa 28 – 31 October
- Shewale S, Srivastava A, Gupta S, Lari S, Gore M, Sahay S.Acute Encephalitis Syndrome Prevention and Treatment: Socio cultural exploration". Poster presented at X Joint Annual Conference of ISMOCD & IAE, Goa 10th - 12th October 2014
- Kalokhe, R. Stephenson, A. Paranjape, K. Dunkle, M. Kelley, C. del Rio, S. Sahay . “Addressing domestic violence among married women in India is critical for HIV prevention: the Indian family violence and control scale.” Oral presentation at International AIDS Conference 2014, Melbourne, Australia. WEAD0505A.
April 2013-March 2014
- Reddy S, Sahay S. Advocacy for HIV-TB collaborative policy and service delivery in India: a civil society perspective". 7th IAS Conference on HIV Pathogenesis, Treatment and Prevention, 2013, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Abstract no. MOPE210
- Sahay S, Nagarajan K, Mehendale S, Deb S, Gupta A, Shalini Bharat S, Bhatt S, Bijesh A, Kanthe V, Sinha A, Chandhiok N. A multicentric qualitative study about male circumcision practices in India from the perspectives of community .and health care providers. 7th IAS Conference on HIV Pathogenesis, Treatment and Prevention, 2013, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.Poster no. MOPE155.
- Dutta T, Paranjape R, Goyal R, Jadhav A, Khandewale A, Sahay S. Tailored Public-Private-Partnership Strategies to Address HIV in Rural Areas of India-NARRIM Project. Oral presentation, ICAAP, 2013, Bangkok, Thailand
April 2012-March 2013
- Seema Sahay, Anju Sinha, Neelam Joglekar, Vidisha Kanthe, Sanjay Mehendale, Sibnath Deb, Shalini Bharat, Abhilasha Gupta, Shripad Bhat, Nomita Chandhiok. Male circumcision as HIV prevention Option: Perspectives from circumcising and non-circumcising communities in India. Poster # 193, M 2012, Sydney , Australia
April 2010-March 2011
- Ramanathan VD, Mehendale S, Sahay S,Thakar M, Kumar M, SathyamurthiP, Goya R, Cox J, Stevens G, Chetty P, Gilmour J, Sayeed E, Dally L, Loughran K, Lombardo A, Ackland J, Krebs M, Kochhar S, Excler JL, Fast P. Safety and Immunogenicity of DNA prime and Modified Vaccinia Ankara Virus HIV subtype C Vaccine boost in Indian volunteers. AIDS Vaccine Conference, Atlanta, SA, 2010
- Joglekar N, Paranjape R, Jain R, Rahane G, Potdar R, Sahay S. Managing ethical issues around barriers to anti retro viral treatment adherence in Maharashtra, India. Oral presentation, National Bioethics Conference, 2010, New Delhi
- Kohli R, Larve L, Purohit V, Bhalerao V, Kharvande S, Rangan S, Sahay S. Exploring gender issues and needs of family care. providers of PLHAs: Case study from Pune, India. Oral presentation, National Bioethics Conference, 2010, New Delhi
- Sahay S, Sinha A, Kanthe V, Attokpam B, Joglekar, Chandhiok N, Mehendale S. Male circumcision as an HIV prevention option: A socio-cultural perspective.Proceedings Emerging Frontiers and Challenges in HIV/AIDS Research, NRRH, Mumbai 2011
- Sahasrabuddhe VV, Bhosale RA, Shepherd BE, Jenkins CA, Kavatkar AN, Kelkar RS, Sahay S, Risbud AR, Vermund SH, Mehendale SM. Visual inspection and HPV‐based cervical cancer screening for HIV‐infected women in Pune, India. Oral presentation at the 12th International Conference on Malignancies in AIDS and Other Acquired Immunodeficiencies, Bethesda, MD. (April 26-27, 2010)
- Sahasrabuddhe VV, Mane A, Risbud AR, Kavatkar AN, Katti U, Sahay S, Bhosale RA, Vermund SH, Mehendale SM. HPV genotypes and association with cervical cytology and immune status in HIV‐infected women in India. Poster presentation at the 12th International Conference on Malignancies in AIDS and Other Acquired Immunodeficiencies, Bethesda, MD. (April 26-27, 2010)
April 2008-March 2009
- van LunzenJ, Mehendale S, Clumeck N, Vets E, Rockstroh J, Anklesaria P, Johnson P, Lehrman J, Schmidt C, Thakar M, Paranjape R, Sahay S, Kochhar S, Excler JL, Fast P, Gilmour J, HealdA .A Phase 1 Study to Evaluate the Safety and Immunogenicity of a Recombinant HIV-1 Subtype C Adeno-Associated Virus Vaccine. CROI 2007
- Mufid Baig, Meena Satale, Amit Nirmalkar, Preeti Gedam, Pramod Vhadge, Shubhangi Sapkal, Arun Risbud, Sanjay Mehendale, Seema Sahay. Making a meaningful disclosure. National Bioethics Confece, Bangalore, 2008
April 2007-March 2008
- Sahay S. “Biomedical Research Participation: Concerns of HIV infected women for participating in a cervical cancer screening study”, Second National Bioethics Conference, Bangalore, 6 to 8 September, 2007.
- Sahay S. “Ethical Dilemmas in the recruitment of volunteers in the first HIV vaccine trial in Pune, India.” Oral presentation at Second National Bioethics Conference, Bangalore, 6 to 8 December, 2007.
April 2006-March 2007
- S Sahay, M Phadke, A Shrotri, T Gadgil, B Patil, India IAVI Team, S Mehendale. Process analysis of a three-tiered community based volunteer recruitment model for the first AIDS vaccine trial in India. Abstract #: 80. AIDS Vaccine Conference 2006, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Mehendale SM, Sahastrabuddhe S, Kakade M, Shrotri AS, Thakar M, Sahay S.Frequent blood draws and decrease in hemoglobin levels among AIDS vaccine trial participants in India. Abstract #: 154. AIDS Vaccine Conference 2006, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Aparna Shrotri, Seema Sahay, Sonali Kochhar, Jean Louis Excler, Ramash Paranjape, Sanjay Mehendale. Clinical care for vaccine trial participant: a community consultative process in India.International AIDS Conference, 2006, Toronto, Canada
- Sahay S, Shaikh Y1, Joglekar N., MacQueen K., Bollinger R., Mehendale S. Exploring community expectations for standards of care, for Phase II/III female microbicide trials in Pune.Poster No. MoPE0784, International AIDS Conference, 2006, Toronto, Canada
- Joglekar NS , Bramhe RG, Kohli RM, Sahay S, Bollinger, RC, Mehendale SM. Safe sex practices adopted by HIV discordant couples in Pune, India.Poster # WEPDC04, International AIDS Conference, 2006, Toronto, Canada
April 2005-March 2006
- Nitin Mane, Seema Sahay. Process of informed consent for AIDS vaccine trial participation in India. First National Bioethics Conference, Mumbai, 24th – 27th November 2005. Indian Journal of Medical Ethics , Supplement II, S 25, 2005
- Prakash Patole, Vikram Solas, Tejasree Gadgil, Altaaf Mujhawar, Meena, Vandana, Seema Sahay. Community support for biomedical research in HIV/AIDS: Gender sensitivities. First National Bioethics Conference, Mumbai, 24th – 27th November 2005. Indian Journal of Medical Ethics, Supplement II, S 25, 2005
- Mufid Baig, Ratnaprabha Birhade, Vikram Solas, Prakash Patole, Mrudula Phadke, Bharati Patil, Tejasree Gadgil, Seema Sahay. Ethical Issues related to home visits targeted at improving participants’ retention in HIV/AIDS clinical research: Concerns and solutions. First National Bioethics Conference, Mumbai, 24th – 27th November 2005. Indian Journal of Medical Ethics , Supplement II, S 25, 2005
- Tejasree Gadgil, Seema Sahay,Sanjay Mehendale. Increasing community involvement in HIV/AIDS research trials. First National Bioethics Conference, Mumbai, 24th – 27th November 2005. Indian Journal of Medical Ethics, Supplement II, S 25, 2005
- Seema Sahay, Tejasree Gadgil, S.M. Mehendale. Distributive justice and autonomy: ethical dilemma in clinical trials.First National Bioethics Conference, Mumbai, 24th – 27th November 2005. Indian Journal of Medical Ethics , Supplement II, S 25, 2005
- Mahesh Kharat, Sudhakar Wankhede, Anand Divekar and Seema Sahay. Counselor’s role in voluntary Counseling and testing in biomedical research setting. First National Bioethics Conference, Mumbai, 24th – 27th November 2005. Indian Journal of Medical Ethics , Supplement II, S 25, 2005
- Mrudula Phadke, Sanjay Mehendale, Seema Sahay. Empowering community representatives through research ethics training.First National Bioethics Conference, Mumbai, 24th – 27th November 2005. Indian Journal of Medical Ethics , Supplement II, S 25, 2005
- Sahay S,Shaikh Y, Phadke M, Gandhi J, Mane N, Khatawane P, IAVI India Team, Mehendale S Enrollment and retention of volunteers in AIDS vaccine trials in India: Health care providers’ perspective and role . Abstract # 339P. Int AIDS Vaccine Conference, 2005, Montreal, Canada
- Mehendale S, Sahay S, Paranjape R, India IAVI team. Addressing community concerns regarding the first Phase I HIV vaccine trial in India. Int. AIDS Vaccine Conference, 2005, Montreal, Canada
April 2004-March 2005
- Mehendale, B. Kishore Kumar, M. Ghate, S. Sahay, T. Gamble, S.Godbole, M. Thakar, S. Kulkarni, A Gupta, R.Gangakhedkar, A. Divekar, R. Paranjape and R. Bollinger. Low HIV Incidence in HIV sero-discordant couples in Pune, India.Abstract # MoPeC3462. XV International AIDS Conference, Bangkok, Thailand, 2004.
- Gupta, S. Mehta, N. Joglekar. S.Reynolds, R. Gangakhedkar, Sahay, R. Brahme, S.Godbole, M.Ghate, A. Divekar, A. Risbud, S.Joshi, S.Mehendale, R.Bollinger.Same Sex behavior in Sexually Transmitted Infections and HIV risk among men attending STI clinics in Pune, India. 1993-2002. Abstract # WePeC6109. XV International AIDS Conference, Bangkok, Thailand, 2004.
- Sahay, S.Mehendale, S.Sane, R.Brahme, A.Brown, K.Charron, C. Beyer, R.Bollinger, R.Paranjape.Willingness to participate in the HIV vaccine trial among low and high risk population in Pune, India.Abstract# ThPeC7437. XV International AIDS Conference, Bangkok, Thailand, 2004.
- Mehta, A.Gupta, R.Brahme, R.Kohli, N.Joglekar, S.Sahay, S.Godbole, S.Joshi, M.Ghate, R.Gangakhedkar, A.Divekar, S.Reynolds, A.Risbud, S.Mehendale, R.Bollinger. Increasing HIV Prevalence between 1993-2002 among non sex working women attending Sexually Transmitted Infection clinics in Pune, India.Abstract# MoPeC3471. XV International AIDS Conference, Bangkok, Thailand, 2004.