List of Publications
- Persons living with HIV continue to present late for care: A trend analysis from 2011-2015. Kadam AV, Bembalkar SC, Panchal NU, Mamulwar MS, Shete AV, Godbole SV. Indian J Sex Transm Dis 2019;40:133-8
- Incomplete functional T-cell reconstitution in immunological non-responders at one year after initiation of antiretroviral therapy possibly predisposes them to infectious diseases. Ashwini Shete, Sampada Dhayarkar, Shashikala Sangale, Uttam Medhe, Narayan Panchal, Girish Rahanea, Rajendra Yelgate, Ashwini Dhamanage, Raman Gangakhedkar Int J Infect Dis. 2019 Apr;81:114-122.
- Loss of Cellular Immune Response against Shared Mycobacterial Antigens is Associated with Active Pulmonary Tuberculosis in Adults. Ashwini Shete, Vishwanath Pujari, Poonam Kadam, Shubhangi Bichare, Narayan Panchal, Jyoti Pawar, Shraddha Bapat, Raman Gangakhedkar, Tilak Dhamgaye and Madhuri Thakar. J Clin Cell Immunol 2018, 9:554
- Higher expression of human telomerase reverse transcriptase in productively-infected CD4 cells possibly indicates a mechanism for persistence of the virus in HIV infection Poonam Suryawanshi, Sheela Godbole, Jyoti Pawar, Madhuri Thakar, Ashwini Shete. Microbiology and Immunology 2018;65: 317-326.
- Effect of combination antiretroviral therapy on HIV-1-specific antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity responses in subtype B- and subtype C-infected cohorts. Madhavi V, Kulkarni A, Shete A, Lee WS, Mclean MR, Kristensen AB, Ghate M, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Parsons MS, Kelleher A, Cooper DA, Amin J, Emery S, Thakar M, Kent SJ. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2017 Mar 23.
- Indian Long Term Non Progressors show broad ADCC responses with preferential recognition of V3 region of Envelope and a region from Tat protein. Archana Kulkarni, Swarali Kurle, Ashwini Shete, Manisha Ghate, Sheela Godbole, Vijaya Madhavi,Stephen Kent, Ramesh Paranjape, Madhuri Thakar. Frontiers in Immunology 2017: 8(14) ·
- Development of IFN- secretory ELISPOT based assay for screening of ADCC responses. Ashwini Shete, Poonam Suryawanshi, Chetan Chavan, Archana Kulkarni, Sheela Godbole, Manisha Ghate and Madhuri Thakar. Journal of Immunological methods. 2017;441:49-55
- HIV infected CD4+ T cells use T-bet dependent pathway for production of IL-10 upon antigen recognition. Ashwini Shete, Poonam Suryawanshi, Sheela Godbole, Jyoti Pawar, Ramesh Paranjape and Madhuri Thakar. Scandinavian Journal of Immunology. 2016:83(4):288-96
- Duplicate analysis method: a cheaper alternative to commercial IQC materials in limited resource settings for monitoring CD4 testing. Ashwini Shete, Dharmesh P Singh, Bharati Mahajan, Amol Kokare, Ramesh Paranjape, and Madhuri Thakar. AIDS Res Ther. 2015; 12: 25
- Clinical trials with anti- latency agents. A Shete. NARI Bulletin Volume 5, Issue 3&4, October 2014: 11-13.
- Pseudomembranous type of oral candidiasis is associated with decreased salivary flow rate and secretory immunoglobulin A levels. Neeta Bagul, Bela Mahajan, Mamata Reddy, Ashwini Shete, Arun Risbud and Arati Mane. Mycopathologia 2015:180: 75–80
- Is prime boost strategy a promising approach in HIV vaccine development? Ashwini Shete, Madhuri Thakar, S.M. Mehendale and R.S. Paranjape. J AIDS Clin Res 2014:5:293.
- Current Trends in HIV/AIDS. Ashwini Shete. J HIV AIDS Infect Dis. 2013: 1: 1-2.
- Is Cure of HIV Infection in Sight? Ashwini Shete and R.S. Paranjape IJMR 2013:138: 824-828.
- Safety and immunogenicity of DNA and MVA HIV-1 subtype C vaccine prime-boost regimens: A phase I randomised trial in HIV-uninfected Indian volunteers. Sanjay Mehendale, Madhuri Thakar, Seema Sahay, Makesh Kumar, Ashwini Shete, Pattabiraman Sathyamurthi, Amita Verma, Swarali Kurle, Aparna Shrotri, Jill Gilmour, Rajat Goyal, Len Dally, Eddy Sayeed, Devika Zachariah, James Ackland, Sonali Kochhar , Josephine H Cox, Jean-Louis Excler, Vasanthapuram Kumaraswami, Ramesh Paranjape, Vadakkuppatu Devasenapathi Ramanathan. PLoS ONE. 2013: 8(2): e55831.
- Differential modulation of phenotypic composition of HIV infected and uninfected PBMCs during cryopreservation Ashwini Shete, Priyanka Jayawant, Madhuri Thakar, Swarali Kurle, Darmesh P Singh and R.S. Paranjape. Journal of Immunoassay and Immunochemistry 2013:34:333-345
- HIV antigen specific reactivation of HIV infection from cellular reservoirs: Implications in the settings of therapeutic vaccinations. Ashwini Shete, Madhuri Thakar, Dharmesh P. Singh, Raman Gangakhedkar, Asmita Gaikwad, Jyoti Pawar, Ramesh Paranjape. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2012 Aug;28(8):835-43.
- In vitro sensitization of T cells with DC associated/delivered HIV constructs can induce polyfunctional CTL response, memory T cell response and virus suppression. Swarali Kurle, Madhuri Thakar, Ashwini Shete, Ramesh Paranjape. Viral Immunol. 2012 Feb;25(1):45-54. Epub 2012 Jan 10.
- T-cell Epitopes Identified by BALB/c Mice Immunized with Vaccinia Expressing HIV-1 Gag lie within immunodominant Regions Recognized by HIV-infected Indian Patients. Ashwini V Shete, Madhuri R Thakar, Srikanth P Tripathy, CG Raut,1 Sekhar Chakrabarti,2 and Ramesh S Paranjape. J Glob Infect Dis. 2011 Jul-Sep; 3(3): 246–253
- Peripheral Blood CD4+ T Lymphocyte Counts in Healthy Adult Indians: A Review Ashwini Shete, Madhuri Thakar, Philip Raj Abraham, Ramesh Paranjape. Indian J Med Res. 2010 Dec;132(6):667-75
- Safety and Immunogenicity of tgAAC09, a recombinant Adeno-Associated virus type C vaccine in India Sanjay Mehendale, Seema Sahay, Madhuri Thakar, Sushant Sahasrabuddhe, Meghana Kakade, Ashwini Shete, Aparna Shrotri, Aggeliki Spentzou, Tony Tarragona, Gwynneth Stevens, Sonali Kochhar, John Louis Excler, Pat Fast, Ramesh Paranjape. Indian J Med Res 132, August 2010, pp 168-175
- Measuring T-cell immunity in HIV vaccine clinical trials: PBMC and ELISPOT assay proficiency concordance in laboratories from 3 continents. Boaz MJ, Hayes P, Tarragona T, Seamons L, Cooper A, Birungi J, Kitandwe P, Semaganda A, Kaleebu P, Stevens G, Anzala O, Farah B, Ogola S, Indangasi J, Mhlanga P, Van Eeden M, Thakar M, Pujari A, Mishra S, Goonetilleke N, Moore S, Mahmoud A, Sathyamoorthy P, Mahalingam J, Narayanan PR, Ramanathan VD, Cox JH, Dally L, Gill DK, Gilmour J. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2009 Feb;16(2):147-55. Epub 2008 Dec 17
- Outbreak of Leptospirosis in Mumbai: A De, A Varaiya, A Pujari, M Mathur, M Bhat, S Karande , ME Yeolekar. Indian Journal of Medical Microbiology 2002;20:153-155