List of Publications
- Abdul Arif Khan (Ed.) Bacteria and Cancer, Springer Science Publisher, Netherlands (2012) (ISBN 978-94-007-2584-3)
- Sudhir Kumar Jain, Abdul Arif Khan and M.K.Rai (Ed.) Geomicrobiology, Science Publisher, Taylors and Francis, CRC Press, USA (2010) (ISBN 978-1-57808-665-8)
Research Papers and Reviews (All Impact factors are at the time of publication)
First and/or corresponding author
- Khan A.A.*, Khan Z., Malik A., Kalam M.A., Cash P. Alshamsan A. (2017) Colorectal cancer-inflammatory bowel disease nexus and felony of Escherichia coli. Life Sci (doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lfs.2017.05.016) (Impact factor: 2.685)
- Khan A.A.*, Khan Z., Kalam M.A., Khan A.A. (2016) Inter-kingdom prediction certainty evaluation of protein subcellular localization tools: microbial pathogenesis approach for deciphering host microbe interaction. Briefings in Bioinformatics (doi: 10.1093/bib/bbw093) (Impact factor 8.399) (First & Corresponding author)
- Khan A.A.*, Khan Z., Warnakulasuriya S. (2016) Cancer associated toll like receptor modulation and insinuation in infection susceptibility: association or coincidence? Ann Oncol (doi: 10.1093/annonc/mdw053) (Impact factor 9.269) (First & Corresponding author).
- ¶Shrivastava A., *¶Khan A.A., Khurshid M., Kalam M., Jain S.K., Singhal P.K. (2016) Recent developments in the field of L-asparaginase discovery: a potential anticancer agent [¶Equal Contribution] Critical Reviews in Oncology/Hematology (¶Both are first author) (doi:10.1016/j.critrevonc.2015.01.002)(Impact factor 5.039) (First & Corresponding author)
- Khan, Z.*, Khan A.A.*, Yadav H., Prasad, G.B.K.S., Bisen P.S. (2017) Survivin, a molecular target for therapeutic interventions in squamous cell carcinoma. Cell Mol Biol Lett 22: 8. (doi:10.1186/s11658-017-0038-0) (Impact factor 1.753) (Co-first author)
- Khan A.A.*, Khan Z., Malik A., Khan S., Shrivastava A., Jain S.K., Alshamsan A. (2015) Computational prediction of coli proteins host subcellular targeting and their implications in colorectal cancer etiology. Cancer Letters (doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.canlet.2015.04.024) (Impact factor 5.016) (First & Corresponding author).
- Khan A.A.* (2014) In silico prediction of coli proteins targeting the host cell nucleus, with special reference to their role in colon cancer etiology. J Comp Biol (DOI:10.1089/cmb.2014.0001) (Impact factor 1.67) (Sole author).
- *Khan A.A., Cash P. (2013) coli and colon cancer: Is mutY a culprit? Cancer Letters 341(2): 127-131 (Impact factor 4.25) (First & Corresponding author)
- *Khan A.A., Khurshid M., Khan S., AlShamsan A. (2013) Gut microbiota and probiotics: Current status and their role in cancer therapeutics. Drug Dev. Res. (DOI 10.1002/ddr.21087) (Impact factor 0.869)[Invited article as subject expert] (First & Corresponding author)
- Khan A.A., Khurshid M., Tawfik A.F. (2013) In vitro evaluation of vincristine and fluconazole combination against Candida spp. Pak J Pharm Sci 26(5): 1037-1040 (Impact factor 1.102)
- *Khan A.A., Shrivastava A., Khurshid M. (2012) Normal to cancer microbiome transformationand its implication in cancer diagnosis. BBA Rev. Cancer 1826(2): 331-337 (Impact factor 9.886) (First & Corresponding author)
- *Khan A.A. and Shrivastava A. (2010) Bacterial infection associated with cancer: Possible implication in etiology with special reference to lateral gene transfer. Cancer Metastasis Rev. 29(2): 331-337 (Impact factor 9.345) (First & Corresponding author)
- *Khan A.A. (2010). Intracellular mechanism of Apoptosis. Biol. Sci. 10(4):291-305
- *Khan A.A., Jain S.K., Shrivastav A. (2008) Prevalence of dental caries among the population of Gwalior (India) in relation of different associated factors, J. Dent. 2: 81-85 (First & Corresponding author)
- Bhat M.A., Al-Omar M.A., Naglah A.M., Khan A.A. (2019) Enaminone derived pyrazoles with antimicrobial activity. Journal of Chemistry (Accepted) (Impact factor: 1.727)
- Alhowyan A.A., Altamimi M.A., Kalam M.A., Khan A.A., Badran M., Binkhathlan Z., Alkholief M., Alshamsan A. (2019) Antifungal efficacy of Itraconazole loaded PLGA-nanoparticles stabilized by vitamin-E TPGS: In vitro and ex vivo studies. J Microbiol Methods. pii: S0167-7012(18)30984-9. doi: 10.1016/j.mimet.2019.01.020. [Epub ahead of print]. (Impact factor: 1.7)
- Kalam M.A., Khan A.A., Alshamsan A., Haque A., Shakeel F. (2018) Solubility of a poorly soluble immunosuppressant in different pure solvents: Measurement, correlation, thermodynamics and molecular interactions. J Mol Liquids (DOI: 10.1016/j.molliq.2017.11.028) (Impact factor 3.648)
- Kalam M.A., Khan A.A., Alshamsan A. (2017) Biodegradable polymeric nanoparticles and vesicular carriers for vaccine delivery via non-invasive routes of administration: A review. Am J Transl Res, 9(1):15-35 (Impact factor 3.146)
- Bhat M.A., Khan A.A., Al-Omar M.A., Khan A.A. (2017) Synthesis and anti-Candidal activity of some new pyrazoline derivatives. Biomed Res 28 (7): 3082-3087 (Impact factor 0.226)
- Khan A.A., Jabeen M., Alanazi A., Khan A.A. (2016) Antifungal efficacy of amphotericin B encapsulated fibrin microsphere for treating Cryptococcus neoformans infection in Swiss albino mice. Brazilian J Infec Dis (doi: 10.1016/j.bjid.2016.04.006) (Impact factor 1.412)
- Malik A., Kumar D., Khan A.A., Khan, A.A., Chaudhary A.A., Husain S.A., Kar P. (2016) Hepatitis B virus precore G1896A mutation in chronic liver disease patients with HBeAg negative serology from North India. Saudi J Biol Sci (doi:10.1016/j.sjbs.2016.05.004) (Impact factor 1.257).
- Khan S., Imran A., Khan A.A., Kalam M.A., Alshamsan A. (2016) Systems biology approaches for the prediction of possible role of Chlamydia pneumoniae proteins in the etiology of lung cancer. PLOS One (doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0148530) (Impact factor 3.234).
- Kalam M.A., Khan A.A., Khan S., AlMalik A., Alshamsan A. (2016) Optimizing Indomethacin-loaded Chitosan nanoparticle size, encapsulation, and release using Box-Behnken experimental design. Int J biol macromol 87:329-340 (Impact factor 2.858).
- Khan S., Ansari A.A., Khan A.A., Ahmad R. (2016) In vitro evaluation of anticancer and biological activities of synthesized Manganese oxide nanoparticles. Med Chem Comm (doi: 1039/C6MD00219F) (Impact factor 2.319)
- Khan, AnsariA.A., Khan A.A., Al-Kattan W., Al-Obaid O., Ahmad R. (2016) Design, synthesis and in-vitro evaluation of anticancer and antibacterial potential of surface modified Tb(OH)[email protected] core-shell nanoparticles. RSC Advances 6: 18667-18677 (Impact factor 3.84).
- Bhat M.A., Khan A.A., Ghabbour H.A., Quah C.K., Fun H.K. (2016) Synthesis, characterization, X-ray structure and antimicrobial activity of N-(4-Chlorophenyl)-2-(pyridin-4-ylcarbonyl) hydrazinecarbothioamide. Trop J Pharm Res 15 (8): 1751-1757 (Impact factor 0.589)
- Khan Z., Khan A.A., Prasad G.B.K.S., Khan N., Tiwari R.P., Bisen P.K. (2016) Growth inhibition and chemo-radiosensitization of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC) by Survivin-siRNA Lentivirus. Radiotherapy and Oncology 118(2):359-68 (Impact factor 4.363).
- Khurshid M., Akbar R., Nisar M.A., Rahman H., Aslam B., Khan A.A., Rasool M.H. (2015) Bacterial munch for infants: potential pediatric therapeutic interventions of probiotics. Future Microbiology 10(11):1881-95. (Impact factor 4.275)
- Khan S., Ansari A.A., Khan A.A., Ahmad R., Al-Obaid O., Al-Kattan W. (2015) In vitro evaluation of anticancer and antibacterial activities of cobalt oxide nanoparticles. J Biol Inorg Chem. 20(8):1319-26. (doi: 10.1007/s00775-015-1310-2) (Impact factor 495)
- Muhammad S., Khurshid M., Saleem H.G., Khan A.A. (2015) Characteristic and antibiotic resistance of urinary tract pathogens in Punjab. Jundishapur J Microbiol 8(7): e19272. (doi: 10.5812/jjm.19272v2) (Impact factor 0.78)
- Bhat M., Khan A.A., Khan S., Abdl Aziz H.A., Alanazi A.M., Al-Omar M.A. (2014) Synthesis of new [1,2,4]triazolo[3,4-b][1,3,4]thiadiazines and study of their anti-Candidal and cytotoxic activities. J Chem, Article ID 897141(Impact factor 0.622)
- Bhat M., Khan A.A., Khan S., Al-Omar M.A., Parvez M.K., Al Dosari M.S. (2014) Synthesis and anti-Candida activity of N- (4-aryl/cyclohexyl) -2-(pyridine-4-yl carbonyl) hydrazinecarbothioamide. Bioorg Med Chem Letters (DOI:10.1016/j.bmcl.2014.01.060) (Impact factor 2.338)
- Farooq F., Rai M., Tiwari A., Khan A.A., Farooq S. (2012) Medicinal potential of Moringa oleifera: An overview of promising healer. Med. Plant. Res. 6 (27): 4368-4374 (Impact factor 0.879)
- Shrivastava A., Khan A.A., Shrivastav A., Jain S.K., Singhal P.K. (2012) Kinetic study of purified L-asparaginase from Penicillium Prep. Biotech. Biochem. 42: 574-581 (Impact factor 0.691)
- Shrivastava A., Khan A.A., Jain S.K., Singhal P.K., Jain S., Marotta F., Yadav H. (2010) Biotechnological advancement in isolation of anti-neoplastic compounds from natural origin: a novel source of L-asparaginase. Acta Biomedica 81(2):104-108
- Bhatnagar P., Khan A.A., Jain M. Kaushik S. & Jain S.K. (2007). Microbiological study of khoa sold in chambal region (Madhya Pradesh): A case study. Indian J. Microbiol. 47(3): 263-266
- Bhatnagar P., Khan A.A., Jain M. & Jain S.K. Shrivastav A. (2007). Bacteriological study of khoa sold in Gwalior & Morena city (Madhya Pradesh) in relation to public health. Asian J. Exp. Sci. 21(1): 55-62
- Jain M., Khan A.A., Gupta A., Pandey M., Bhatnagar P., Jain S.K. (2008) An epidemic of typhoid fever in a hostel, Indian J. Field Vet. 4(1):46-47
- Khan A.A., Shrivastava A. Jain S.K. (2009) In vitro susceptibility of antibiotics against pathogenic bacteria, BIOZONE Int. J. Life Sci. 1(1): 24-27
- Sharma E., Rochlani D., *Khan A.A. (2011) Automated liver function test: An important advancement in rapid testing of liver function. Medical Equipments and Automation Oct 2011, pp. 55-57
- *Khan A.A. (2010) Automated antibacterial susceptibility testing in clinical laboratories. Medical Equipments and Automation May-June 2010: pp. 44-47
- Khan A.R., Farooq F., *Khan A.A. (2010) Clinical microbiology laboratory automation: A Way towards improving clinical microbiology diagnosis. Medical Equipments and Automation Nov-Dec 2010: pp. 76-80
Chapters in Books
- Jha S., Khan A.A., Ashraf M.T. (2019) Designing of Artificial Metalloenzymes. In: Husain Q., Ullah M. (eds) Biocatalysis. Springer, Cham DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-25023-2_9
- Khan A.A., Khan S. (2015) “Probiotics and cancer”. Encyclopedia of Cancer (Ed) Manfred Schwab, Springer
- Shrivastava A., Khan A.A., Jain S.K., Singhal P.K. (2012) Bacterial asparaginase: A potential therapeutic agent for leukemia. ”Bacteria and Cancer (Ed) Abdul Arif Khan, Springer Science Publisher, Netherlands
- Bhatnagar P, Khan A.A., Jain S.K. and Rai M.K. (2010) "Biodeterioration of archaeological monuments: An approach for restoration". Geomicrobiology (Ed) Sudhir K. Jain, A. Arif Khan, M.K. Rai, Science Publisher, CRC Press, USA
- *Khan A.A.*, Bhatnagar P., Jain S.K., Deshmukh S.K., Rai M.K. (2006) “Recent methods for fungal community analysis with special reference to TGGE and DGGE”. Current Advances in Fungal Biotechnology" (Ed.) M. K. Rai Publisher- I. K. International Pvt Ltd. New Delhi, pp. 450-462
Web resources developed for scientific community
- Jha S., Ashraf M.T., Khan A.A., Ahmad S. (2016) “Algae Scan” http://www.algaescan.org/index.aspx
- Shankar V., Khan A.A. (2009) “Herpes Web” http://herpes.page.tl/
- Khan A.A. (2014) “E. coli and colon cancer: Who is the culprit?” published in abstract book of 3rd TM World Cancer Conference, USA
- Khan A.A. (2012) “Normal to Cancer Microbiome transformation: Giving clue for cancer detection” published in abstract book of 2nd TM World Cancer Conference, USA
- Khan A.A. (2012) “Bacteriology and Cancer: An old association revisited” published in abstract book of 1st international conference on Biosciences and Bioengineering: A collaborative approach, India
- Khan A.A. and Shrivastava A. (2009) “Medical waste disposal system: An integral part of hospital” published in abstract book National seminar on Recent Advances in Environmental Sciences, organized by PG Department of Life Sciences, IASCA, ITM Universe, Gwalior (M.P.)
- Khan A.A. (2006) Phylogenetic Analysis of Teeth Decaying Oral Bacteria through CLUSTAL W” published in Abstract book of 4th Annual Rocky Mountain Bioinformatics conference, Colorado USA
- Khan A.A., Jain M., Shrivastav A., Jain S.K. (2006) “Bacterial infections jeopardizing patients to cancer” published in Abstract book 47th AMI conference, Bhopal
- Bhatnagar P., Mishra A., Khan A.A., Shrivastav A., Jain S.K. (2006) “TGGE & DGGE: An approach for molecular study of microbial community” published in Abstract book 47th AMI conference, Bhopal
- Khan A.A. & Shrivastava A. (2004) “Effects of leaf extracts on the growth of E. coli” published in M.P. Science Congress, Indian science congress association, Bhopal chapter